Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Flight of the Phoenix/Cast Away

A typical boredom/get to know each other question, "If you were on a  deserted island what are the three items you would want with you?" Think long and hard, because your answers define what kind of a person you are, the characteristic and personality you have, and if someone would want you stranded along with you.

I look around my dorm room and discover I apparently need a lot other things. I have a routine and essential supplies, and I think of how blessed I am to have everything. How would I survive without so many of my items? One, I would need my medication, and I feel like I am allowed to count that as one because taking each one separately would mean I couldn't bring them all. Second I would bring my toothbrush. I know, sounds like I must have a relative who is in the teeth business, but honestly I think back to 'Cast Away' and I do not want to have to cut my tooth out with an ice skate. Plus when I brush my teeth I feel clean, even before I've showered. As for my third item, even though I would love to bring the Bible along, I feel as though God has blessed me with a faith and mind which has studied and memorized passages and material that would get me through being stranded on the desert without actually having the Book with me. My faith is always with me. So my third item, would be another human being. Selfish I know, to have someone else have to face destitution on an island with you, but I think the loneliness is what would kill me. I'm good at being alone, in more ways than one, but I would totally create a 'Wilson.'

As for having the brain to find a way back home, no so much. Not only would I not know the first thing about building a boat, but if I was on an island surrounded by water I would never dare find my way back home, because I would probably drawn (which is my biggest fear). As for being apart of a crew like in 'Flight of the Phoenix' I would go along with whatever everyone else wanted to do, after all two of them are pilots, the rest are really good at building things, and we have a plane engineer. I would do what I was told and never go more than 20 feet away from the plane. 

I want to travel all over the world, but man do these two movie make me nervous to travel. Note to self: while re-watching these movies in you life time, do not watch these before traveling anywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment