Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Best Friends Wedding

One of my favorite soundtracks. Classic hilarious scenes of Julia Roberts. And a movie which makes every women in the world wish a deep voiced swarthy guy would sing to them while slow dancing on a ferry-boat. But the ending....what shall we do about the ending.

There are so many movies where I disagree with the ending, despise the ending, think the writers must be insane, and this movie.... is a toss up for me. See my problem is that I am someone who can find at least some kind of redeeming quality to a movie. So I love this movie, but the ending literally kills me, and yet I realize it is suppose to happen. This movie questions completely who we are "meant" to be with. The best friend? Or the perfect women?

So combine this movie, with 'When Harry Met Sally,' 'Little Women' and 'Something Borrowed' and these movies are no longer helpful, they are not "self-help books", and non-beneficially to any girl attempting to figure out their love life and relationships, but confusing and frustrating.  I think all we learn is that EVERY situation is different, EVERY question has a different answer, and the person we are "meant" to be with varies  in EVERY relationship. So in other words, we need to stop using these movies as "self-help" solutions, and only see them as entertainment, with a few practical tips along the way, but not the answers to our problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment