Saturday, September 10, 2011

Oh Yea, Picture Time!

I took pictures from every angle I could. Enjoy my 3 weeks of hard work. I still want to had something above the window and the wall next to the window, but I haven't figured anything out yet. 
 The picture wall of friends (over 100 pictures)
 The entertainment center now a display of pictures and shelves of food and books.
 Closet #1
 Closet #2...that's right TWO closets!
 My desk. (Pictures are all family)

 The entertainment area
 My bed and make shift couch.







Well this past weekend was just perfect :) It's exactly what I needed, complete relaxation and no drama, especially after my Friday night.

Now my Friday night was not out on the town or with friends, nope, well unless of course you consider the eight people I met while talking to hp support service for over 4.5 hours as friends. Yes, that's right I said 4.5 hours! I've needed to turn my computer in for repairs for awhile now, but have been reluctant because I've always needed the use of it, plus I've had problems with my warranty registration. But no fear, I finally made it to the end after repetitively saying, "I'm sorry but can you please repeat that?" and listening to elevator music twice as long as I actually talked to anyone. Through it all I stayed fairly calm, they were apologetic and everything, but man did I just want to rip their none English speaking little heads off. So after all that I was able to confirm everything that was wrong with my computer, which now includes the most recent injury caused by me accidentally tripping over the cord and causing it to crash to the floor and lose a big chunk of the plastic. I got the box they sent  yesterday, and now I just need to send it in, which just sucks, because I will hate not having my computer! But I just need to suck it up and do it, I've got computer labs everywhere on campus.

So yes getting away from campus was wonderfully relaxing. I spent Saturday night catching up and hanging out with Aunt Sally, Heidi, Steve (Pastor Daley as the church members called him, and who were confused when I called him Steve), Amy, Katie, Samuel, Melissa, Chris, Kyle, Ellie and Emerson. It was WONDERFUL to have home cooked food, yes I am already sick of cafe food. I got to enjoy watching Steve and Chris "wash" the dishes, acting like they were teenagers again, while Aunt Sally told some funny stories about the two of them. Everyone was so exhausted but needed food for the next day, so Amy and I went to the store at 10:30 and somehow even with all the specific items and requests I was able to get everything on the list.

Sunday I got to see my MLC friend Derick who is the new teacher and principal at Steve's school at church. I got to hold Emerson up until the sermon (who then needed a changing) and boy does she love to play with bulletins. I saw Derick's new bachelor pad before we headed back to the Daley's for an AMAZING picnic. Chris is now the burger master of the family, and is required to make burgers for family get togethers. I don't even know how I ate that much food!. (Typical Oerther meal, way too much good food to have only small portions of) We played some catch football, and then a few rounds of Euchre. After all the church members had left we hung out and discussed the book "The 5 Love Languages". Steve started to have me take the quiz out loud, but we stopped that quick, one since the quiz was for a married person, and two because that would just be too much information :) So instead Melissa and Chris took the quiz as Steve read it aloud. What we learned? They want more alone no children and travel time, and Chris doesn't have to do laundry. As the Daley's packed up to leave Derick came and picked me up to go see "Our Idiot Brother" with another church member Matt. The movie was actually veered in and out of being a chick flick. It's about three sisters and their brother. Sound familiar. And how the brother annoys them all the time. Sound familiar. And how they have to do everything for him. SOUND FAMILIAR! Anyway, it was funny, Paul Rudd is always there for a good laugh. Thank goodness none of the scene actually represented my siblings and I, because boy are those girls messed up, and we are NOT.

Monday I got to hang out with Samuel and Katie as I drew anything they wanted on an etch-a-sketch. Let's just say I missed my calling in professional etch-a-sketch drawing. Then in the afternoon, Matt, Derick and I went to a shooting range. I know, me, the girl who screamed along with Melissa as our Dad forced us to shoot a gun for the first time, went to the shooting range. Well actually we went to Matt's uncle's property and set up some targets, but all the same. Of course I was nervous, and of course squealed a little, but all in all I didn't embarrass myself too much. In fact I embarrassed them, well until I freaked out when one of the hand guns made my arms fly up in the air and I couldn't stop laughing. But yes, I beat them, smothered them, in our competition round. I hit the center target nine times for seven points each. The first shot I aimed for the little boxes we set up for ten points a piece but missed, and then decided the center was a better bet for me. And man was I right. The other two were all over the board and now I have mocking rights for a very long time. Guns still make me very nervous, no matter how good I am at hitting a target, but I think I impressed my dad and Phil when I sent them a picture text of my target now pinned up in my dorm room.

I spent the rest of the day hanging with the MN Daley's and watched 'Ratatouille.' This movie just makes you want to become a chef. All those foods and how pretty they look, it really made me look forward to getting back to cafe food.

We have now hit hard core homework time. Next week I have SO much due, but I've been doing pretty good at getting ahead in all my work. And organ is actually not a pain in the butt! I think my plan is working. I practice piano and organ for a half and hour each during my free 4th hour every day which is right after chapel. Though organ still frustrates me, I think I'm getting better, and learning more songs on the piano just makes everything better.

I have my first day of Clinical on Tuesday and am totally excited! But I'm also a little jealous because all the student teachers headed out this weekend, and I wish I could start too. One more year, just one more year.

Work is going well, I think the bowling boys like me, and I seem to be meshing well with all the employees (which makes sense since most of them are from MLC). I'm getting a little over 15 hours a week, and tons of tips, which I hope continues to stay true.

But that is it for this update, I need to get to homework and find a seat and a cable TV for the MSU game.

No comments:

Post a Comment