Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bewitched

Finding current famous actors in older movies is only one of my favorite triva games to do during my movie watching. While watching 'Bewitched' I located Kate Walsh, better known as Dr. Adison Montgomery from 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Private Practice'. She plays a waitress, that's all, plan and simple, a one line part. I love finding this, recognizing the store clerks, or mailman, I enjoy knowing these famous actors first minor roles that led them to the parts they currently have. If Kate Walsh hadn't played the waitress in 'Bewitched' maybe she would have never become famous on abc. I decided to show the line of connection Kate Walsh waitress to famous Kate Walsh Doctor Addison Montgomery. She acted with Will Farrell in 'Bewitch' who played opposite of Vince Vaughn in 'Old School' who acted with Paul Giamatti in 'Fred Claus' who acted with Sandra Oh in 'Sideways' who acted with Kate Walsh in 'Under the Tuscan Sun' and then in 'Grey's Anatomy' and there we have it. So yes, I like playing little triva games with myself while watching movies, and of course I enjoy challenging family and friends to figure out voices and side actors in films as well.

As for the movie itself. Cute. Funny. And well connected to the TV show. I think Will Ferrell was probably the only actor who didn't completely fit their original actor (him as Darin), but he certainly did add a certain element of laughter. All in all it was fun to watch this old TV series in a new modern form.

No comments:

Post a Comment