Saturday, October 15, 2011

Update

So I am completely wired form work right now and can't fall asleep so I figured I would knock out part of an update for everyone. I'm sure I'll only get part way through the full update because I know this wind will end soon and I'll want to just pass out, so here we go.

I'm about to hit midterm, and like always I can't believe how fast it has gone by. School is going very well, all my classes I can't really complain. I think the only aspect I am having trouble with is my clinical teacher. It has been interesting to work with her, to say the least. She speaks in this formal condescending tone, and most of the time I feel like I am five years old. She speaks to everyone this way, so at least I know it isn't just me, but so many times I have wanted to talk back to her in the same tone. I have talked to my supervisor about everything, so it is all under control, but it is going to be a long rest of the school year, so please pray for some Tuesday snow days for me.

I play for my first evening chapel service on October 28, so if you want to hear me just go to MLC's website and you can watch it live. (Remember for most of you there is a hour difference, chapel is at 7 p.m.) I will be playing the piano, not organ, but I am actually doing really good in organ, so good that my teacher is now giving me harder pieces, so it is frustrating again, but at least I know I don't suck completely.

Since it is midterm that means tons of exams and projects. I've already had a few and I've survived so far. But midterm also means I get midterm break. Usually I would be coming home, but I decided to take on a few more shifts at work and save money by not coming home. I really wish I would have thought this decision through because home sounds really good right now, but my friend Heather and I are going to visit the cities and have a day of shopping and fun. So I will see everyone over Thanksgiving.

I had an interesting Birthday, it was the first real taste of what it is going to be like when I go off teaching and won't have anyone around to celebrate with. The second round of student teachers left either the day of or before my Birthday. So there are only now a tiny few of us left. So I worked the day of my birthday, but many of the regulars bought me drinks afterwards. The coolest part was getting to skype with mom, dad and Jennie, while having Melissa and Phillip on cell speaker phone. As mom said, "When I was young if I would have been told this is how I was going to communicate with my children, I would have never believed them."

I've got about 20 movies to catch up on writing about over break so look forward to those, I've got some real goodies coming your way.

I've hit the wall of sleep now so another update is on it's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment